When you buy your cauliflower whole, the center florets usually come surrounded by leaves. Most recipes only use the florets and discard the leaves. But those leaves can be turned into taste side dishes. So don’t throw them out. Gather them and when you have about 4 cups of leaves, give this easy butter garlic soy sauce cauliflower leaves stir fry a try 🙂 You will wonder why you ever throw them out and waste food.
You may get your cauliflower leaves for free
Usually I only need leaves from one whole cauliflower to get about scant 4 cups of leaves. This amount should be enough to make a batch of this recipe. If you are worry that you won’t have enough, you can actually ask for cauliflower leaves from your grocery shop. Since most grocery stores simply throw them out anyway, I predict most will be happy to oblige.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups cauliflower leaves (from 1-2 cauliflower), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium high heat. Once the butter melts, add slices of cauliflower leaves to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic into the pan, mix well and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce, salt, and ground white pepper. Once the sauce is dry, turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve the cauliflower leaves stir fry immediately.