If you have been busying miso paste only to cook miso soup, let me introduce you to this super delicious yet super easy miso dressing. This amazing dressing comes together in matter of minutes with miso paste (white miso, red miso, or combination miso is okay, so experiment!), grated garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, olive oil, and maple syrup (honey is okay too). The amount of dressing in this recipe is on a generous side, and I can probably make double or triple batch of roast asparagus to go with it. I love this dressing so I don’t mind the generous amount, and it goes well with my favorite salad, and is a good match for grilled steak too.
Since asparagus is in season right now, I bought a couple of bundle and I am roasting one bundle (450 gram) in the oven with a simple coating of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Remember that we will be pairing the asparagus with miso dressing as sauce, don’t go overboard with the amount of salt and pepper, but don’t skip altogether either. If you don’t want to use the oven, you can deep fry the asparagus too, but I think roasting is less work.
When asparagus is not in season, try using broccoli or brussels sprouts, both should go well with the same dressing.
- 1 bundle (450 gram) asparagus, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 90 gram miso paste (any type)
- 90 ml rice vinegar
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey) (*)
- Preheat oven to 220 Celsius (425 Fahrenheit).
- Coat asparagus with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place in a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the miso dressing. Combine all ingredients together and mix well with a whisk.
- Transfer roast asparagus to serving plate, and drizzle some miso dressing on top as sauce.