Summer is when zucchini is plentiful and cheap. If you need a super quick zucchini dish with not much fuss and minimal ingredients, do give this 15 minutes zucchini ponzu soy sauce recipe a try. This tastes super refreshing due to the citrus in the ponzu sauce.
You need to give ponzu sauce a try at least once in your life. Anything that benefits with a bit of citrus (those dishes with lemon/lime), you can try substituting the citrus part with ponzu sauce, and voila it should taste pretty familiar but with a twist. For Japanese food lovers, you probably have tried this in grilled dishes and perhaps in one or two Japanese salad dressing.
15 Minutes Zucchini Ponzu Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 2 average size zucchini, cut into 1/2" rounds
- 3 tablespoon ponzu sauce
- nanami togarashi (optional)
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet/grill over medium high heat, add zucchini slices to hot pan, and cook until browned both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add ponzu sauce, stir and cook until fully absorbed into zucchini and the pan is dry.
- Transfer zucchini to a serving plate and serve as is or with a sprinkle of nanami togarashi.