Chocolate Mochi Muffins
- 150 gram (1 cup) mochiko, or Thai sticky rice flour
- 200 gram (1 cup) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (100 gram) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounce (1 1/2 cup) evaporated milk or canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Lightly grease a standard 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together mochiko, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a saucepot, melt butter and chocolate chips. Take it off the heat, then stir in evaporated milk/coconut milk, vanilla, and egg.
- Slowly pour in the chocolate mixture into the mochiko mixture. Whisk until the batter is smooth. The batter will be pretty thin.
- Divide batter into the muffin pan, they should be close to level. Bake in the preheated oven for 28-30 minutes, or until no longer jiggles and a cake tester comes out almost clean with minimal cling of batter. (*)
- Remove the pan from the oven, and place it on a wire rack. After 15 minutes, gently remove the muffin from pan. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- (*) You can use a square 8"x8" pan to bake this. It will take about 55 to 60 minutes to bake in the same temperature.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.