Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
- 5 cup vegetable stock
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pack shimeji mushroom
- 4 ear fresh corns, kernel only
- 4-5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5 tablespoon black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 6 tablespoon cornstarch, or sub with tapioca starch
- 6 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 stalk cilantro, thinly sliced
- In a soup pot, boil together vegetable stock, tofu cubes, shimeji mushrooms, and corn kernels.
- Add 4 tablespoon soy sauce, black vinegar, ground pepper, and crushed red chili pepper into the soup. Taste test and add more soy sauce if needed. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix together cornstarch and water, and pour into the soup. Stir until the soup has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Slowly pour beaten egg in a thin stream, wait about 5 seconds, then slowly stir so the egg become fluffy like egg drop soup.
- Stir in sesame oil, and serve the soup hot garnished with sliced scallion and cilantro.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.