Pistachios and Cherries Granola
- 250 gram (2 3/4 cup) rolled/old-fashioned oats
- 115 gram (1 cup) shelled pistachios
- 45 gram (1 cup) unsweetened coconut chips or coconut flakes
- 40 gram (1/3 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt (Note 1)
- 80 gram (1/2 cup) light brown sugar (Note 2)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 90 gram (3/4 cup) dried sour cherries
- Preheat the oven to 300 Fahrenheit (150 Celsius). Line a half-sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Stir oats, pistachios, coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, stir brown sugar, maple syrup, and olive oil over low heat until the sugar has just dissolved. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Slowly pour the hot liquid into the oats mixture. Fold with a spatula, making sure to coat the dry ingredients evenly.
- Spread the granola on the parchment-lined half-sheet pan to an even layer.
- Bake the granola for 35-40 minutes until dry and lightly golden brown. Stir a few times along the way. (I usually stir at 15 minutes and 30 minutes.)
- Remove the granola from the oven, mix in dried sour cherries, and set aside to cool to room temperature before storing.
- (1) 1 tbsp Diamond Crystal kosher salt = 1/2 tbsp Morton kosher salt = 1 tsp regular table salt.
- (2) Use 40 gram (1/4 cup) sugar for a less sweet version. You can even use no sugar if you want an even less sweet version.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.