Afghan Sweet Potato Bolani
- 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 500 gram sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all dough ingredients in a mixing bowl. Knead into a non-sticky, soft, and smooth dough, about 10 minutes. Add a bit of flour if it is too sticky, or add a bit of water if it is too dry.
- Place the dough in an oiled mixing bowl. Cover with wet kitchen towel/saran. Let it proof for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions (for 12" frying pan), 10 portions (for 10" frying pan), or 12 portions (for 8" frying pan).
- Boil sweet potato until soft enough to be mashed. Drain, transfer to a mixing bowl, and mash the sweet potato. Add the rest of filling ingredients. Mix well.
- Divide into 8-12 equal portions (depending on how many portions of dough).
- Take a piece of dough, roll with a rolling pin into a circle (either slightly less than 8", or slightly less than 10", or slightly less than 12").
- Spread a portion of the filling generously on half of the rolled out dough, leaving 1/2 inch margin near the edge.
- Wet the edges of the bread with your finger tips, fold the other half of the bread over the filling half. Seal the edges by pressing slightly.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Fry bolani, one piece at a time, until both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Cut each bolani into 2-4 pieces and serve with plain yogurt.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.