Almond Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup (100 gram) almond flour
- 3 tablespoon (45 gram) unsalted butter, soft at room temperature
- 3 tablespoon (20 gram) confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (Note 1)
- Prepare dough. Beat together everything in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer into a cohesive and workable dough. You can even simply stir everything together by hand for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer cookie dough onto a piece of plastic saran/parchment paper, and wrap into a log of about 8” long. Chill the cookie log in the fridge for at least 2 hours to firm it up.
- Baking the cookies. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove chilled cookie dough from the fridge, it should be very firm by now. Unwrap, and use a very sharp knife to cut the cookies into 18-24 slices.
- Arrange cookies on the prepared baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven. Cool cookies on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Storing the cookies. Once the cookies are completely cool, you can store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- (1) If your dried cranberries look really dry, you can do a quick soak in a microwave. Combine dried cranberries with 1⁄4 cup water (or orange juice), and microwave for 30 seconds. Then set aside for 2 minutes, and drain really really well.
- (2) For cranberry-orange flavor. Add 1 teaspoon of freshly grated orange zest to the cookie dough.
- (3) For cardamom pistachio flavor. Add 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pistachio instead of 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries. And instead of vanilla extract, use 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract, and 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom.
- (4) For chocolate and nuts flavor. Remove 2 tablespoons of almond flour, add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1⁄4 teaspoon instant espresso powder. Then stir in 1⁄4 cup of finely chopped nuts (any nut of your choice) instead of 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.