Healthy Sugar-Free Apple, Walnut, and Oatmeal Bread
- Wet ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients
- 1 cup (120 gram) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60 gram) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Other ingredients
- 1 medium (~ 3/4 cup) any sweet variety apple, pureed
- 1/2 cup (50 gram) oats
- 1/2 cup (60 gram) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Whisk all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Sift in all dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Add apple puree, oats, and chopped walnuts, reserving 1 tablespoon of oats for decoration. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle the top with the reserved oats. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown for 50-55 minutes, or until a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool it on a wire rack. After 15 minutes, gently remove the bread from pan and cool completely.
- Store cooled bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Wrap the bread in several layers of saran plastic and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.