Asparagus and Mushroom Stir Fry in Mushroom Sauce
- 1 bunch (450 gram) asparagus
- 250 gram white/brown button mushroom
- 4 tablespoon oil, divided
- 50 gram shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2" ginger, minced
- Sauce (mix together)
- 1 tablespoon mushroom sauce (*)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoon water
- Trim asparagus, and cut into 2" sections. I cut with the roll cut technique, but you can use any cut you like, like diagonal, or straight cut. Washed and drained. Set aside.
- Wipe mushroom clean with a clean kitchen towel to remove dirt. Cut each into 4 sections. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok/frying pan over high heat. Sauté shallot and asparagus until the edges of asparagus brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside in a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil in the wok/frying pan, cook mushroom and ground pepper together until mushroom is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Return asparagus and shallot to the wok/frying pan and reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon oil, along with garlic and ginger. Mix well, cook 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce into wok/frying pan. Stir to coat the vegetables. Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate, and serve immediately.
- (*) For non vegetarian, you can use oyster sauce.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.