Bolos De Arroz - Portuguese Rice Muffins
- 75 gram (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150 gram (3/4 cup) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- zest of 1 lemon (~ 2 teaspoon), or 1/8 teaspoon lemon oil
- 120 gram (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 gram (2/3 cup) rice flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Lightly grease a standard muffin pan or line with paper cups.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and lemon zest/lemon oil. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, rice flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the egg mixture and mix until uniform, then add the flour mixture and mix. Stop mixing once there is no longer any flour streak in the batter.
- Divide batter into the muffin pan, they should be about 70-80% full. Optionally, sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-23 minutes, or until golden brown and a cake tester/toothpick/skewer inserted to the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and place it on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, gently remove the muffin from the pan. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.