Broccoli and Apple Soup
- 1 lb broccoli
- 3 Fuji apples
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cup vegetable stock/water
- 2-3 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Optional ingredients
- some cheese rinds
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- grated Parmesan (optional)
- Cut broccoli into florets and the stalk into 1-inch pieces. Peel, core, and dice the apples into 1-inch pieces.
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until slightly translucent. Add apples and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and broccoli stalks. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Tips: Add the cheese rinds along with vegetable stock and broccoli stalks if using.
- Add the broccoli florets into the soup and simmer for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Puree the soup with a blender. If using a standard blender and not an immersion blender, return the pureed soup to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips: Add lemon zest and lemon juice along with salt and pepper if using.
- Serve the soup hot with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.