Brussels Sprouts with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 500 gram brussels sprouts, trimmed and halves lengthwise
- oil, for stove-top sautéeing or for oven roasting
- Sauce (mix the following together)
- 3 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce (or sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mushroom sauce
- Going with stove-top: Heat 3 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add brussels sprouts into the pan, cut side down. Cover the pan with a lid, and cook until the bottom (cut-side) is charred and the sprouts are tender but still crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer cooked sprouts to a mixing bowl.
- Going with oven-roasting: Preheat oven to 220 Celsius (425 Fahrenheit). Line a baking pan with aluminum foil. Toss brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon oil, then spread the sprouts on the prepared baking pan, and roast in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer cooked sprouts to a mixing bowl.
- Pour sauce over the cooked brussels sprouts. Gently toss to coat. Add more garlic chili sauce (or sambal oelek) if you prefer a spicier kick. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.