Butternut Squash Frittata
- 8 large size eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 42 gram (1.5 oz) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion (~ 200 gram / 7 oz), diced
- 2 slices bacon, chopped (carnivore version), or 225 gram (8 oz) mushrooms, sliced (vegetarian version)
- 750 gram/26 oz butternut squash meat (from 2 average-size squash), 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 200 Celcius (400 Fahrenheit).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable stock, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Then whisk in half of the Parmesan.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté bacon until crispy, or mushrooms until wilted and dry. Add onion and continue cooking until onion is translucent. (Note 1)
- Add butternut squash, a teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until slightly browned. Transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the squash is fork-tender.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and reduce the heat to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- Whisk the egg mixture one more time and pour it over the squash. Sprinkle the top with the remaining half of the Parmesan. Bake again for 18-20 minutes, or until the egg is set.
- (1) You can use a 10-inch skillet, but the roasting and baking time may take longer. Please adjust accordingly.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.