Caramelized Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 medium butternut squash, about 2 kilogram (4-5 lbs) total
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius).
- Use a sharp knife to cut away the two ends of butternut squash, then cut it into two halves lengthwise. Next, use a vegetable peeler to peel away the skin and use a spoon to scoop and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1 1⁄2 inch cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper into the mixing bowl. Gently toss to coat the squash evenly. Spread the squash in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the squash is tender and begins to caramelize. Flip the squash 2-3 times while roasting to ensure it browns evenly.
- Transfer the squash to a serving bowl, add more salt and pepper as needed. Serve the squash hot.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.