Crispy Baked Smashed Blue Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb (~ 700 gram) blue potatoes, small size
- 3 tablespoon (~ 50 gram) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- scallions/cilantro/chives/fresh parsley, finely chopped (garnish)
- Place potatoes in a pot and top with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer until continue cooking until potatoes are soft. About 20-25 minutes depending on size.
- Drain potatoes over a strainer and set aside until there is no more steam from the potatoes. About 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet. Smash each potato with a fork, brush with melted butter, drizle with olive oil (~ 1/4 teaspoon per potato), and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake/roast for 40-45 minutes until the skin is crispy. Do not flip during baking.
- Remove baked potatoes from oven, serve hot sprinkle with your choice of garnish.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.