Daikon & Carrot Miso Soup
- 1 daikon (900 gram / 2 lb), peeled and cut into small pieces
- 450 gram (1 lb) carrot, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced
- 8 cups vegetarian dashi stock (typically kombu and/or mushroom stock)
- 1 block (~ 400 gram) firm/silken tofu, drained and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 tablespoon wakame, soaked in cold water to rehydrate, then drained
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1-2 stalks of Chinese celery, thinly sliced
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place daikon, carrot, onion, and dashi stock in a soup pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover the pot with a lid, and continue cooking for 30-45 minutes, or until the daikon and carrot are soft.
- Remove the lid and bring the soup to a boil. Add tofu cubes and wakame and wait until the soup boils again, then quickly turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together white miso paste and a ladle of the soup until the miso paste is fully dissolved. Return this mixture back into soup pot. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the soup hot in individual soup bowls and garnish with thinly sliced Chinese celery and scallions.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.