Fig and Almond Cake
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 12 ripe figs
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit (190 Celsius). Lightly brush a 9-inch cake pan with butter and coat with almond flour/all-purpose flour. Set aside. (Note 1)
- In a mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a new mixing bowl, whisk eggs, melted unsalted butter, maple syrup (or honey), and vanilla extract (or almond extract). Add almond flour mixture to the bowl, and whisk for about 1 minute or until the batter is just mixed. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Remove the stem from each fig, and cut it into half. Arrange figs over cake batter with the cut-side facing up. Optionally, sprinkle the fig with sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown, and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely before serving.
- (1) You can use a 9-inch fluted tart pan or pie pan too since the cake is not a tall one.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.