Indian Chickpeas and Sweet Potato Curry
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 225 gram (½ lb) sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 can (each 15.5 oz/440 gram ) chickpeas, drained (Note 1)
- 1 can (14.5 oz/410 gram) diced tomato
- 2 cup vegetable stock/chicken stock
- 4 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Curry spice mix
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes, or until onion wilts and starts to become translucent.
- Add curry spice mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato cubes and stir to coat. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, vegetable/chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Adjust the amount of salt and/or sugar as needed.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately with steamed white rice or naan bread.
- (1) You can use ½ lb (225 gram) dried chickpeas. Soak dried chickpeas overnight in cold water. Drain chickpeas, place in a pot, top with 2 inches of water. Boil over medium heat, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour until soft and the beans are starting to split. Drain and set aside. The boiled chickpeas are now ready to use.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.