Kabocha Pumpkin Salad
- 500 gram (1.1 lb) kabocha pumpkin flesh
- 1 small apple, cored and diced (Note #1)
- 2 tablespoon shelled kabocha pumpkin seeds (Note #2)
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (Note #3)
- 2-3 tablespoon mayonnaise, preferably Kewpie
- 1-2 teaspoon mustard, classic yellow or dijon
- 1-2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Steam kabocha. Cut kabocha pumpkin into wedges and place in a basket steamer. Steam until the pumpkin is soft enough to be mashed with a fork.
- Season kabocha. Transfer steamed kabocha to a mixing bowl, mash with a fork, but leave some big kabocha chunks. Add mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and salt. Stir and adjust the amount of seasoning as needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Add diced apples, shelled kabocha pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate seeds. Fold gently to mix evenly.
- Chill and serve. Chill the salad mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Serve the kabocha salad cold.
- (1) Use diced cucumber or diced Asian pear (those crunchy ones!) instead of apple.
- (2) Use chopped nuts (walnut, almond, pecan, pine, e.t.c.) instead of pumpkin seeds.
- (3) Use raisin or dried cranberries instead of pomegranate seeds.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.