Lemon Blueberry Okara Muffins
- Wet ingredients
- 170 gram (6 oz) fresh okara
- 2 large size eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/3 cup canola/vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil (or 2 teaspoon lemon zest)
- Dry ingredients
- 150 gram (1 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 150 gram (3/4 cup) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 170 gram (6 oz / 1 cup) fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit (190 Celsius). Lightly grease a standard 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Sift in all the dry ingredients, except fresh blueberries. Gently fold with a whisk/spatula, stop once there is no longer flour streak.
- Add blueberries into the batter, and fold with a spatula until evenly distributed. Divide batter into the muffin pan, they should be close to level. (Note 1)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-28 minutes until golden brown, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire rack. After 15 minutes, gently remove the muffin from pan and cool the muffins on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature, or up to 2 weeks in the fridge, and up to 2 months in the freezer.
- (1) To minimize blue streaks when using frozen blueberries, please place them in a colander and rinse with cold water several times until the water is noticeably lighter when you drain the berries. Usually, it will start with dark blue and gradually reaches a light red. Dry the berries really well with paper towels before using them.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.