Lentil and Brown Butter Curry Soup
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, bruised
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 225 gram / 8 oz dried lentil, washed and rinsed
- 6 cup vegetable stock/water
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- olive oil
- grated Parmesan, or nutritional yeast
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a soup pot over medium heat, then sauté onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent. Add smoked paprika powder and mix.
- Add lentils and vegetable stock/water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until lentils are tender. Around 40-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the brown butter curry. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepot over low heat. Stir until it starts to foam and brown, about 5 minutes. Then stir un the curry powder and fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Once the lentil soup is soft, remove the pot from the heat and stir in coconut milk and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender, or with a blender/food processor in batches.
- Stir in the brown butter curry, and add more salt as needed.
- Serve the soup hot with a drizzle of olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.