Lentil & Tomato Soup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 lb (225 gram, or about 1 cup) lentil, washed and drained
- 6 cup vegetable stock/water
- Serve with (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast for a vegan option
- lemon juice
- chopped parsley/cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrot, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lentil and stock/water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook for 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat, add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the lentil soup with Parmesan cheese/nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and chopped parsley/cilantro.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.