Ma Lai Gao - Steamed Brown Sugar Cake
- 3 eggs
- 75 gram (6 tablespoon) dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 gram all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45 gram (3 tablespoon) melted butter
- 2 dried jujube/red dates (~ 12 gram), remove seeds and roughly chopped (optional)
- Prepare a steamer (I use my rice cooker), and line an 8" (or 7") round cake pan with a parchment paper (I use my 8" steamer basket that comes with the rice cooker).
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and dark brown sugar on high speed until thick.
- Add salt, baking soda, and half of the all purpose flour. Beat with low speed just until mixed, then add the rest of the all purpose flour and mix again.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Stir with a spatula until mixed, then fold in the dried jujube until well mixed.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan (or steamer basket), and steam for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove cake from steamer, cut into serving slices, and serve while hot.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.