Oatmeal Crusted Fried Tofu
- 2 blocks (each about 1 lb. / 450 gram) firm tofu
- ~1/2 to 1 cup oatmeal, ground into powder
- enough oil for shallow deep frying (~ 1/8" deep)
- Wrap each block of tofu with a kitchen towel, sandwich the tofu blocks between two large plates, or two cutting boards. Place a heavy object (e.g. cast iron skillet) on top of the plate or cutting board to press out the liquid from tofu. Leave for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Unwrap the now drained tofu. Cut each block into 6 equal portions (roughly cube size) to come up with a total of 12 cubes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then coat with ground oatmeal.
- Heat about 1/8" of oil in a large frying pan (non-stick preferably) over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, fry the tofu cubes until all sides are golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of chili sauce, or cut into smaller cubes and add them to your salad.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.