Okara Chocolate Pound Cake
- 150 gram (3/4 cup) fresh okara
- 150 gram (3/4 cup) sugar
- 60 gram (1/3 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 150 gram (10 tablespoon) coconut milk (or soy milk, almond milk, etc)
- 90 ml (6 tablespoon) canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 150 gram (1 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 30 gram (3 tablespoon) cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-processed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 320 Fahrenheit (160 Celsius). Grease an 8.5"x4.5" loaf pan, then line with parchment paper sling.
- Place fresh okara, sugar, chocolate chips, and coconut milk in a small saucepot. Heat over medium heat while stirring constantly until the chocolate has completely melted. Remove pot from heat and stir in canola oil, vanilla, and white vinegar.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly pour the okara chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl containing the dry ingredients. Fold with a spatula until just mixed. Once you no longer see any streak of dry ingredients, stop the folding to avoid over-mixing.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and place it on a wire rack. After 15 minutes, gently loosen the edges with a thin blade and remove the cake from the pan.
- Transfer the cake onto a wire rack and let it cool completely. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.