Polenta Mushroom Sauce
- Pan-fried polenta
- 1 packet (24 oz) precooked polenta, cut into 12-14 pieces
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- Mushroom sauce
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 gram (1 oz) dried shiitake, soaked in 1 cup water to soften and thinly sliced
- 450 gram (16 oz) button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream, or substitute with evaporated milk/milk
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Garnish (optional)
- cherry tomatoes
- thinly sliced scallions/parsley
- Fry polenta: Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan or a well-seasoned cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Pan-fry polenta until both sides are golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Mushroom sauce: In the same pan, melt two tablespoons of butter and sauté garlic until fragrant but not browned.
- Add thinly sliced shiitake and button mushrooms, stir for about 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Pour 1/2 cup of shiitake soaking liquid and cook until it has reduced by half.
- Add the remaining two tablespoons of butter, heavy cream, and soy sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce is thick.
- Serve: Serve pan-fried polenta with the mushroom sauce. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and scallions/parsley.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.