Potato, Leek, and Cabbage Soup
- 6 tablespoon olive oil (Note 1)
- 1 lb (~ 3 average size) leeks, cleaned and sliced, separate greens from whites
- 1 lb (~ 1/2 head) cabbage, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb (450 gram) potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (Note 2)
- 2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté green part of the leeks and cook until soft, about 15 minutes. Add the white part of the leeks and continue cooking until soft and golden, another 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and garlic, mix and stir occasionally until cabbage wilts and begins to caramelize. About 15 minutes.
- Add potato, vegetable stock, water, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer, partially cover the pot, and cook until the potato is very tender and starts to fall apart. About 45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Serve the soup immediately. Optionally, you can puree the soup with a blender to create a smooth velvety soup.
- (1) Or use 3 tablespoon olive oil and 3 tablespoon butter for non-vegan version.
- (2) Sub with equal amount of marjoram, oregano, or thyme. You can use fresh herbs as well.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.