Rainbow Chard, Onion, and Cheese Frittata
- 1 bunch (625 gram / 1 1/4 lb) rainbow chard
- 6 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoon water/vegetable stock
- 28 gram / 1 oz grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce/soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 175 Celsius/350 Fahrenheit.
- Prepare rainbow chard: Separate the leaves from the stem. Cut the leaves into thin strips. Dice the stems into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare egg mixture: In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, water/stock, Parmesan, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, smoked paprika, fish sauce/soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Sauté onion: Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet (or another oven-proof frying pan) over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. (Note 1)
- Sauté rainbow chard and garlic: Add rainbow chard stems, garlic, the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pepper into the skillet. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add rainbow chard leaves and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs: Pour the egg mixture over the sautéd vegetables. Cook until the edges are set, about 4-5 minutes.
- Bake frittata: Transfer the skillet into the preheated oven. Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the frittata is fully set.
- Serve: Cool the frittata briefly, then cut into 6-8 wedges. Serve immediately.
- (1) You can use a 10.5-inch cast-iron skillet too, but you may need a longer baking time in the oven for the frittata to fully set.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.