Red Bean Cream Cheese Bread Rolls
- Bread dough
- 1 cup warm milk (38 Celsius or 100 Fahrenheit)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1/2 cup bread (or all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fresh cream
- Other ingredients
- 20 tablespoon red bean paste (recipe)
- 1 block cream cheese (8 ounce), divide into 20 portions
- egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water)
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Bread dough
- Mix 1 cup warm milk with active dry yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside until foamy, about 15 minutes.
- Sieve together bread (or all purpose) flour, cake flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the flour ingredients, then pour fresh cream, egg, and the foamy yeast solution into the well. Knead into a non-sticky, soft, elastic, and smooth dough. Hand knead is about 20 minutes.
- Place the dough in a mixing bowl, cover with a wet kitchen towel/plastic saran wrap. Let the dough proof until the volume is doubled, about 1 hour in a warm kitchen.
- Bread rolls
- Prepare 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Set aside
- Punch the dough to release air bubbles, knead for 2 minutes, then divide the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Take one portion of dough, roll into a circle, place 1 tablespoon of red bean paste and 1 portion of cream cheese at the center of the dough. Seal the bread and gently roll into round ball. Place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the bread dough.
- Cover the bread rolls with wet kitchen towel/saran plastic wrap. Let the bread rolls proof until the volume doubles, about 1 hour in warm kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius (400 Fahrenheit). Brush the top of the dough with egg wash and sprinle with toasted sesame seeds (if using), then bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. You may want to switch the breads in top rack with the ones in bottom rack midway to ensure even baking.
- Best to consume within 3 days.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.