Roast Beet Salad With Honey Lime Dressing
- 4 medium size beets (about 500 gram), skin intact but remove leaves
- 100 gram shallot, diced
- 2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- a handful of cilantro, chopped
- a handful of scallion, thinly sliced
- Honey lime dressing (mix the following together)
- 2-3 limes, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius (400 Fahrenheit). Line a loaf pan with aluminum foil, place beets inside the pan, then cover the pan with aluminum foil. Roast in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick can easily glides into the beets.
- Once the beets are cool enough to handle, peel the skin, and cut the beets into dices. Place diced beets in a mixing bowl. If you haven't prepared the rest of the salad, you can cool the diced beets in the fridge while you do so.
- Add scallion, jalapeno, cilantro, and scallions into the mixing bowl with the beets. Pour the honey lime dressing, toss to coat well, adjust salt/pepper if needed. Chill the salad first for about 1 hour prior to serving.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.