Simmered Kabocha Shio Koji
- 500 gram (~ 1.1 lb) kabocha pumpkin flesh, with skin on, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon shio koji
- Place kabocha cubes in a pot, then top with enough water to cover the pumpkin.
- Stir in shio koji.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. A skewer will go smoothly once they are tender and fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot with a lid, and set aside for the flavor to improves. I usually let them rest for another 30 minutes.
- Serve the simmered kabocha cold, at room temperature, or warm.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.