Soy Sauce Roasted Kabocha Pumpkin Seeds
5.0 from 5 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Ingredients: Nuts and Seeds
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
Serves: 2 cups
- seeds from 1 whole kabocha pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Separate seeds from the pulp. Place all the pulp and the seeds in a large mixing bowl and fill it with water. Use your fingers to separate the seeds from the pulp. Most of the time, the pulp will sink on its own to the bottom of the bowl, and only the seeds float on top. Don't worry if you can't remove 100% of the pulp.
- Wash and drain the seeds. Transfer the seeds to a colander and wash under running water. It is normal for the seeds to feel slimy.
- Dry the seeds. Drain, and shake to remove as much water as possible. Spread the kabocha seeds on a sheet or parchment paper. Usually, I let them air dry for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 150 Celsius (300 Fahrenheit).
- Transfer dried kabocha pumpkin seeds to a mixing bowl, then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon of soy sauce, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt. Stir to coat the seeds evenly with the seasoning.
- Spread the seeds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. I use my half-sheet pan for this.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring once, until the seeds are toasted. It may take longer or shorter, this largely depends on how dry your seeds are.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on the baking sheet. Store in an air-tight container.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.