Spicy Jalapeno Cheddar Muffins
5.0 from 1 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (the ones sold in frozen section will always be superior)
- 1/2 cup fried onions (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1 cup self-rising flour (*)
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or full-fat Greek yogurt)
- 2 eggs
- 2-4 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind)
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Grease a standard 12 cups muffin pan.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir with a spatula/wooden spoon until just combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin cup, each should be slightly shy of level.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown, and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then remove and serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 2 weeks for longer storage.
- (*) 1 cup self rising flour = 1 cup cake flour + 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder + 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup cake flour = 1 cup all purpose flour - 2 tablespoon all purpose flour + 2 tablespoon corn starch.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.