Strawberry and Peach Crisp
- Fruit filling
- 450 gram (1 lb) fresh strawberry, sliced (Note 1)
- 450 gram (1 lb) fresh peaches, diced (Note 1)
- 100 gram (1/2 cup) sugar
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (or 1/8 teaspoon lemon oil/lemon essence)
- Crisp top
- 60 gram (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 gram (1/2 cup) oats, grind into powder
- 50 gram (1/2 cup) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 100 gram (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Fruit filling: Place strawberry slices in a mixing bowl, pour sugar and cornstarch and rest for 15 minutes. Gently toss to mix, then add peaches, lemon juice, and lemon zest (or lemon oil/essence). Stir until well mixed.
- Topping: Place all-purpose flour, oats, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl. Pour melted butter, and use a spatula to stir until uniform and clump together.
- Crisp: Preheat oven to 190 Celsius (375 Fahrenheit) and grease an 8"x8" square cake pan.
- Transfer fruit filling into the prepared pan, crumble topping evenly over the fruit, then bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. The top should look golden brown, and there should be some fruit juices bubble over the topping.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Serve the crisp immediately or warm. You can add a scoop of ice cream to each serving of crisp.
- (1) If using frozen strawberries and/or peaches, please thaw before using.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.