Teddie's Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil/vegetable oil/canola oil
- 1 cup (200 gram) sugar (Note 1)
- 3 large size eggs
- 3 cups (360 gram) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and diced apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins/dates/cranberries (Note 2)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Butter a 10-inch bundt pan and coat with sugar.
- Beat oil and sugar in a mixing bowl for 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Sift in all-purpose flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and beat until just combined. Add vanilla, apples, walnut, and dried fruits and stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 65-75 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire cake and cool completely. Cut the cake into serving slices and serve at room temperature.
- (1) You can increase the sugar to 1 1/2 cups (300 gram) for a sweeter and more tender cake, especially if you are using tart apples like Granny Smith.
- (2) You can soak the dried fruits in about 1/4 cup of dark rum or brandy.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.