Three Spice Chickpeas & Kale Coconut Curry
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 can (each 15.5 oz/440 gram ) chickpeas, drained (Note 1)
- 1 can (13.5 fl oz/400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 can (14.5 oz/410 gram) diced tomato
- 1 cup vegetable stock/water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 gram kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon scallions, chopped
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat and sauté onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper strips and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk, tomato, paprika, cumin, cayenne, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Add kale and stir until kale wilts.
- Turn off the heat. Adjust the amount of salt and sugar if needed. Garnish with cilantro and scallions. Serve immediately.
- (1) You can use 1/2 lb (225 gram) dried chickpeas. Soak dried chickpeas overnight in cold water. Drain chickpeas, place in a pot, top with 2 inches of water. Boil over medium heat, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour until soft and the beans are starting to split. Drain and set aside. The boiled chickpeas are now ready to use.
Another great recipe by https://vforveggy.com.