Today I am sharing this delicious crustless spinach quiche recipe that is oh so perfect for your next brunch. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this lovely quiche, eggs, spinach, onion, grated cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Plus, this crowd pleaser dish is vegetarian friendly and also gluten-free.
First, preheat oven to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit) and grease either an 8" square baking dish or an 9" pie dish. Sauté onion in a frying pan with a bit of oil until soft and translucent, then add in spinach and cook until wilted. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cheddar cheese, sautéed onion and spinach, and salt and pepper, then pour into the prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Let the quiche cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 10 ounce (~400 gram) fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set the oven to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit), and grease an 8" square baking dish (or a 9" pie dish).
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and sauté onion until soft and translucent. Add spinach to the pan and cook until wilted, set aside.
- Mix together eggs, cheddar cheese, sautéed onion and spinach, salt and pepper, then pour the mixture to the prepared baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Let the quiche cool for 15 minutes, then cut into serving slices and serve.