This mushroom stir fry is cooked in minutes and it tastes super delicious too. In this recipe, I use a combination of white button (350 gram), white shimeji (125 gram), and brown shimeji (125 gram) mushrooms. If you prefer, you can change the white button mushroom to shiitake, or you can use all shimeji too for simplicity.
Aside from mushrooms, you will need minced garlic, thinly sliced shallot, julienned bell pepper (or serrano, freshno, or jalapeno for extra kick) and thinly sliced scallions. For the sauce, simply stir together soy sauce, mirin, sake, sesame oil, and grated ginger. The cooking process is also very simple, start by sautéing garlic and shallot until fragrant, then add button mushrooms and cook until wilted, then add shimeji mushrooms and cook again until wilted. Add bell pepper, mix well, and pour the sauce. Once the sauce is boiling, turn it off, garnish with scallions and serve.
Easy Mushroom Stir Fry
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 50 gram shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 350 gram white button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 packet (125 gram) white shimeji, chop away the root and tear into pieces
- 1 packet (125 gram) brown shimeji, chop away the root and tear into pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Sauce (mix together)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon sake
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté shallot and garlic until fragrant.
- Add white button mushroom and cook until wilted.
- Add white and brown shimeji mushroom and cook until wilted.
- Add red bell pepper, mix well. Pour the sauce and cook until boiling.
- Turn the heat off. Garnish with thinly sliced scallions, and serve immediately.