When I am feeling down, some chocolate chips dessert will quickly make my day brighter. And among so many chocolate chips favorites, this fluffy moist chocolate chips muffins definitely fit the bill. The batter yields muffins that are oh so soft, fluffy, and moist. And the chocolate chips are icing on the cake. This is definitely my go to vanilla muffins batter, and it is just as good for making blueberry muffins, which is another favorite of mine.
This muffin recipe is truly delicious despite the simple and oh so ordinary list of ingredients. I bet most people have almost all ingredients stocked in the pantry at all time, at least mine does, so I can quickly make a batch on a whim. Although buttermilk is commonly sold in the western world, I know from experience that it can be quite impossible to buy in certain countries. When you cannot use buttermilk, please don’t just substitute with plain milk, it is not the same. Instead, please substitute 1 cup butter milk with 1 cup full cream milk + 1 teaspoon vinegar.
Fluffy Moist Chocolate Chips Muffins
- 375 gram (2 1/2 cup) all purpose flour
- 200 gram (1 cup) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 300 gram (1 3/4 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk (*)
- 60 gram (4 tablespoon) unsalted butter, melted
- 80 gram (4 tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius (400 Fahrenheit). Line a 12 cup standard muffin pan with cup cake liners.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Add chocolate chips and stir.
- In another bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: buttermilk, butter, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the dry mixture, then pour the wet mixture, stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter to the prepared muffin pan, then bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit), and bake for another 15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- (*) Or 1 cup full cream milk + 1 teaspoon vinegar, wait 5 minutes until curdle.