Simple roasted brussels sprouts. This is how I enjoy my fresh-from-the-market brussels sprouts close to 100% of the time. Trimmed and halved, washed and drained, then drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Finally, roast in 400 Fahrenheit preheated oven for around 1 hour (depends on size) until slightly charred at the edges and golden brown throughout.
Roasting guide for any vegetable
I pretty much summed up what you need to do to prepare this dish in 2 sentences. That’s how easy this recipe is. And it works with any vegetables, from broccoli, to carrot, and all the way to potato. Feel free to play around with addition of spices or herbs, such as garlic, parsley, rosemary, oregano, etc.
Simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, washed and drained
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius (400 Fahrenheit).
- Gently toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, ground pepper, and chili flakes until evenly coated.
- Arrange on a baking sheet (I use a half-sheet pan) and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until slightly charred at the edges and golden brown throughout. Stir 2-3 times during roasting so the sprouts cook evenly.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.