Inspired by my very own enoki with garlic scallion soy sauce recipe, I thought I need to add some silken tofu to the enoki to make for a more rounded dish nutritionally speaking. Tofu is a good source of protein for vegetarian (this include vegan of course), and tofu and enoki can be considered a classic pair in many Asian dishes.
To prepare the tofu, I simply gently blanch a block of silken tofu in a pot of simmering water for 2 minutes, then drained and sliced, and plated in a serving plate. I also use the same treatment for enoki, but this time they are blanched in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes, then drained and plated side-by-side the sliced tofu. Next is to prepare the super easy sauce.
Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a frying pan on medium high heat and sauté minced garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Then add soy sauce and sugar, cook only until sugar has dissolved. Turn the heat off and remove pan from the heat source. Add sliced scallions into the pan, stir to mix, then gently pour over tofu and enoki. Done! Not too difficult, right? This probably take a bit longer to prepare than enoki with garlic scallion soy sauce, but not by that much.
Tofu and Enoki in Garlic Scallion Soy Sauce
Courses: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 block silken tofu, drained
- 1 packet (7 oz.) enoki mushroom, roots trimmed
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring a pot of water to a low simmer, gently add the block of silken tofu into the pot. Simmer for 2 minutes. Drained. Sliced into 6-8 pieces and plated.
- Bring another pot of water to a rolling boil, add enoki into the pot. Boil for 2 minutes. Drained. Place the enoki side-by-side the sliced tofu.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and sugar. Turn off heat once sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off from heat source. Add thinly sliced scallions into the pan. Stir and gently pour the sauce over tofu and enoki. Serve immediately.